Vijay Mahawar – Resume
Last updated on July 2nd, 2020 at 10:54 pm
Male | email@example.com
Linkedin URL: https://in.linkedin.com/in/vijaymahawar
An Oracle Technologist with a blend of Data Scientist skills, who can combine both his technical and business knowledge to help the firm transition into a futuristic organization using latest technology features & industry best practices.
A commerce graduate with Masters in Computer Application (MCA) and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) having 10+ years of work experience as Oracle Technologist primarily in BFSI domain.
Vijay has rich experience of 10+ years as Oracle Technologist in BFSI domain using Advanced SQL/PLSQL in development & performance tuning with hands on Oracle 19c and Oracle Autonomous Database over cloud.
- Worked as Software Engineer, Business Analyst and Consultant during tenure in esteemed organizations like Larsen &Toubro Infotech Ltd., HCL Technologies Ltd., Dell Services Ltd., Sapient Consulting Pvt. Ltd. and Genpact Headstrong Capital Markets Ltd.
- Rich experience of working with global clients with presence in APAC, EMEA, LATAM and US.
- Extensively worked in ETL and Data warehousing environment, especially in batch jobs.
- OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) in both Developer track and DBA track in Oracle 11g.
- Oracle Financials ERP training on Oracle E-Business Suite R12 version covering GL, AP, AR, CM and FA modules.
- Certified in “Bloomberg Market Concepts” from Bloomberg Institute and “Customer Relationship Management” from IIMBx (IIM Bangalore).
- Cleared NCIAC – “NSE Academy’s Certified Investment Analyst Champion” and NCDP – “NSE Academy’s CertifiedDerivatives Pro”
- Completed training on demand from “Oracle Database 12c R2: Advanced PL/SQL” from Oracle University
- Domains familiar with – Customer Billing Application; Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance; Incident Management;Change and Release Management and Corporate Banking & Investment Banking, Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Technical Specialties: Oracle SQL, PLSQL, Data Warehouse, ETL, Unix and Oracle Financials EBS R12.
Functional Specialties: Derivatives, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis and Portfolio Management.
Principal Consultant, Apps Associates Pvt. Ltd., Gurugram (Apr 2017 onwards)
- Started working as SQL/PLSQL developer for the leading Management Consulting client.
- The project aimed at fulfilling the reporting need of the client with Oracle BI Publisher 12c as front-end and Oracle 12c as backend, Oracle DAC 11g tool was used for running/scheduling the ETL jobs and PPM tool to deploy the code. Development Database uses 19c version.
- The project primarily used Project Accounting Modules. Other EBS modules used in the project were GL, AP, AR
- My role involved in reverse engineering the existing functionality of the legacy application and develop SQL and PL/SQL solution to use latest and optimal feature of the Oracle for the new components.
- Performance Tuning and refactoring of Legacy Application using latest feature of PL/SQL and SQL.
- Collaborated with stakeholders post production support for monitoring, analyzing, supporting applications after go live.
- Created Real Time Dashboards and Visualization using Business Intelligence Tool.
- Developed ETL workflows using Informatica Powercenter 10.
- Hands on experience in Alteryx Workflow (ETL), Snaplogic(ETL) and Tableau(BI Reporting)
- Hands on experience of BI Publisher using Excel Template for one of the project need.
- Briefly explored and developed Jenkins job for Automation project to deploy Informatica workflows to different environment.
- Completed training on demand from “Oracle Database 12c R2: Advanced PL/SQL” from Oracle University.
- Certified in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum Master (SSM) from ScaledAgile.
- Completed certificate course in Customer Relationship Management from IIMBx (IIM Bangalore).
- Completed Single Course in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune with A+ grade.
- Undergone one day OBIEE 12c workshop at the client location for the project need.
- Undergone internal training on AWS and AWS for Data Science from Linkedin Learning.
- Completed online trainings on BI Publisher, Undergoing self-paced training on Informatica PowerCenter on Udemy.
- Currently pursuing “Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science & Statistics” from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning.
Principal Consultant, Genpact Headstrong Capital Markets, Noida (Apr 2017 – Apr 2018)
- Worked as consultant for the Investment Banking client of Genpact Headstrong Capital Markets at the client location.
- Attended Oracle Open World and Code Developer Event at New Delhi in May 2017.
- Undergone training on Lean Digital Transformation and .NET bootcamp.
- Cleared NCFM module in Capital Markets Dealers module and Capital Markets Fundamental – International module.
Independent Consultant (May 2016 – Apr 2017)
- Started working as Independent consultant after MBA. Presently setting up database for startup companies in India.
- Undergone Oracle Financials ERP training on Oracle EBS R12 version covering GL, AP, AR, CM and FA modules.
- Cleared NCFM exam in Banking Sector Module, Insurance Module, Derivatives Market and Options Trading Strategy.
Senior Associate, Sapient Consulting Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon (Jun 2011 – Jul 2014)
- Worked with Investment Banking client of Sapient Global Market in the back office at the client location.
- Project included varied technologies viz. Oracle 11g, Oracle Warehouse Builder 11g and Autosys Jobs.
- Played the role of Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer and Analyst while working in Agile Scrum Framework.
- I was in the “wall of fame” for my work at the client site during the month of November 2011.
- Interacted with the business users to understand end-to-end requirement.
- Prepared design specification, technical specification, test cases. release scripts, release checklist and rollback scripts.
- Conducted session on Top 10 features in Oracle 11g within the team.
- During my tenure I had attended Oracle event on “Oracle Technology Network (OTN) Developer Day”:
- Jul 2011 at Intercontinental Eros, New Delhi; Jan 2012 at The Claridges, New Delhi.
- Events from ODTUG and AIOUG in Mar 2012 – “Quest Asia FORTUNE12”, Mumbai.
- Undergone five days workshop on “Oracle 11g: DBA Security” from Oracle University.
- Undergone four days workshop on “Oracle 11gR2 DBA: Real Application Clusters and ASM”.
- Upgraded OCP DBA in Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g; Cleared OCE in Oracle RAC 11g and Grid Infrastructure Administrator
Senior Analyst, Dell Services Ltd., Noida (Feb 2010 – May 2011)
- Worked on a project for Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance for Banks. The project aimed to provide a generic web based application to market their Insurance product. The speed to market was primary focus of the project.
- Technologies used in project: Java, XML, Oracle 10g, PLSQL.
- Traveled to UK (London) for the initial project requirement and developed generic routine for the product.
- Collaborated with the Business Analyst and Software Architects within the team.
- Analyzed the requirement and developed database service for the UI and business service.
- Prepared and maintained the setup SQL scripts to install, configure the application.
- Maintained and set up database environment for Development, UAT and support for the offshore team.
- Participated in auditing, encryption/decryption and performance tuning of existing application.
- Undergone four days workshop on “Oracle 10g Performance Tuning” from Oracle University.
- Upgraded OCA Developer in Oracle 9i to OCP in 11g Oracle PL/SQL Advanced Developer.
- Completed PGDBA (Finance) from Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning.
Software Engineer, HCL Technologies Ltd., Noida (Oct 2007 – Jan 2010)
- Worked as Software Engineer and delivered challenging assignments on time.
- Had worked in the full project life cycle, from requirement gathering, analysis, development and support of a web based project management tool
- Generated reports to cater to the needs of the various stakeholders.
- Analyzed the requirement, developed oracle database objects and reports using Oracle Business Intelligence tool.
- Had worked extensively on data warehousing and ETL environment.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation for the period Nov ’08 – Dec ’08 for outstanding effort and performance.
- Cleared Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) in Oracle Database 10g Administration and Oracle Database SQL Expert (OCE).
Momentum Technologies (now Sopra); L&T Infotech Ltd. Mumbai; TSYS Card Tech Ltd. Noida (Jun 2005 – Oct 2007)
- During this time I worked in Momentum Technologies Ltd. (now Sopra) as Software Engineer Trainee.
- In L&T Infotech Ltd., worked in the BFSI SBU as Oracle PL/SQL Developer.
- Independently handled the customer billing module for a German client.
- Developed scripts, automated batch jobs and database objects for processing customer bills.
- Was with TSYS Card Tech Ltd.(Noida), as Analyst for short period.
- Cleared Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) in Oracle 9i Database Developer.
- Cleared Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
- Cleared Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP 1.4)
INTERNSHIPS & PROJECTS
|S.N.Mahawar & Associates||May – Jun 2015||Management Trainee||Renewal, Maintenance and Management for a website for “S. N. Mahawar & Associates” as part of the summer internship in MBA. Demonstrated entrepreneurial abilities and skills in Finance, Technical and Marketing area.|
|Tata Infotech Ltd., (Now TCS), Noida||Jan – May 2005||Trainee||This was part of my MCA Final Semester training. I was member of the project development team comprising of 85 members working on Messaging System.|
|Muskaan, Jaipur||Apr – May 2004||Trainee||This was part of my MCA 2nd Year Summer Internship. I had developed the website for the NGO.|
- NSE Academy’s Certified Investment Analyst Champion (NCIAC) and NSE Academy’s Certified Derivatives Pro (NCDP)
- NCFM certificate in Securities Market, Mutual Funds, Banking Sector & Insurance Module; Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM).
- NCFM certificate in Capital Markets Fundamental – International, Capital Markets Dealer’s Module.
- Certificate in Finance Modelling using Excel and Advance Excel, Bloomberg Market Concept from Bloomberg Institute.
- Microsoft Office 365 – Excel, Power point and Word; Microsoft Visio; ERWin, Toad, SQL Developer and PLSQL Developer
- Oracle 11g Tools – PL/SQL Language, OBIEE 11g for reporting and OWB 11g for Data warehouse.
- OCP certified (DBA and Developer Track in Oracle 11g), OCE in Oracle RAC 11g and OCE in SQL.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCP ID: 3554642), SCJP (Sun Certified Java Professional) in JDK 1.4
- Member of Oracle User Groups – AIOUG, ODTUG and OTN.
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & HOBBIES
- Member of IT Committee and Operations Committee in MBA. (Aug 2014 – Mar 2016)
- Runners-up in Chess Competition conducted by ABIT Engineering College, Cuttack. (Sep – 2014)
- Reading (Fiction, Non-Fiction), Current Affairs, Swimming, Watching Cricket, Playing Chess, Yoga Enthusiast.
|MBA (Finance & Marketing)||2016||Sri Sri University, Cuttack , Odisha||7.48(CGPA)|
|MCA||2005||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jaipur Campus)||86.00%|
|B.Com||2002||Commerce College, University of Rajasthan||67.33%|
|Class XII||1999||Jaipur Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan’s Vidhyashram, CBSE, Jaipur||83.40%|
|Class X||1997||KPCV Senior Secondary School, CBSE, Chennai||83.20%|